Susannah Dinnis BRAGINTON SCOWN|
Five children of John SCOWN and Susanna Dinnis BRAGINTON:
1. Richard SCOWN b 26 Jul 1833, chr 15 Sep 1833 Launceston, Cornwall, England s/o John and Susanna SCOWN, mason of Launceston, by Thomas STRATTON, Wesleyan Methodist Circuit (Lyell Mitchell non-conformist CD)
Richard SCOWN died aged 4 yrs in the Dec Qtr 1837 Launceston [FreeBMD Vol 9 P 82]
2. Elizabeth Jane SCAWN chr 23 Nov 1836 St Mary Magdalene, Launceston, Cornwall, England, d/o John and Susannah SCAWN, Church Street, Launceston [Entry No. 1572]
Elizabeth Jane SCOWN, aged 4 yrs, arrived South Australia on 13 Dec 1840 on Royal Admiral with her parents and her younger sister Mary Ann SCOWN aged 18 months.
Elizabeth Jane SCOWN aged 16, Spinster married 2 Feb 1852 at the C of E Church at Willunga, South Australia, Edward (Edwin) CAUSON aged 24 yrs, Bachelor. Ceremony performed by SB BURNETT, Curate, in the presence of John SCOWN and Margaret McKEOWN [entry 252, certificate 35446]
Elizabeth Jane CAUSON died 2 Sep 1915 aged 80 yrs, Pascoe Street, Smythesdale, Victoria, Australia [Vic 1641] Buried 4 Sep 1915 Smythesdale General Cemetery, Methodist Section.
Edwin CAUSON m 1852 Elizabeth Jane SCOWN
3. William (Braginton) SCOWN b Jun Qtr 1838 Launceston and therefore could have been a twin of Elizabeth Jane.
William Braginton SCOWEN died Mar Qtr 1840 Launceston [FreeBMD Vol 9 P 95] and was buried 13 Jan 1840 aged 2 yrs St Mary Magdalene, Launceston, Cornwall. He was the boy aged 9 mos on 6 Jul 1838 when an application was made by his father John SCOWN, Stone Mason of Launceston, for free passage to South Australia. This male child had died before the second application was made on 6 July 1840.
4. Mary Ann SCOWN b 3 Jun 1839 Launceston, Cornwall d/o John SCOWN, Mason, and Susanna formerly BRAGINTON. The X mark of John Scown, Launceston. Informant registered the birth 10 Jun 1839 [copy of birth entry 237]
Mary Ann SCOWN arrived South Australia aged 18 months on 13 Dec 1840 on Royal Admiral with her parents and her older sister Elizabeth Jane SCOWN aged 4 years. [Application number 9060 dated 6 July 1840 to Agent J. Geake, embarkation number 4947]
Mary Ann SCOWN married 1. 1854, Joseph PETERS [Vic 1858]
Mary Ann PETERS married 2. 18 Aug 1862 Christ Church C of E Pleasant Creek, John THOMPSON [Vic 2519]
John THOMPSON m 1862 Mary Ann SCOWN PETERS
5. John SCOWN b 1845 Willunga, South Australia, d 1853 aged abt 8 yrs Deep Lead, Stawell, Victoria, Australia.
John SCOWN m 1832 Susanna Dinnis BRAGINTON
Photos of St Mary Magdalene Church, Launceston, Cornwall
© Created : 26 January 2000
© Last Modified : 23 June 2011
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
URL : http://users.ncable.net.au/~jburrell/gen/scown/sco_bra2.html